PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of
Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism
while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about
new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and
commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required.
Have fun and Go Veg!
I am female and vegan and a blogger... but, I don't buy food very often...
Tho you see I am being optimistic again by putting that #1 on the title!
Midweek Munchies: What RIFT is contributing for the week...
- Coke yeah, yeah, it's not healthy, and it's not
ethical either, okay. But I like it!
- pasta score! a five pound bag for 2.77$ (I usually get
a one pound bag for a dollar.)
- ramen because it's easy to cook. I always get Top Ramen
brand, oriental favor... it's the only one that's vegetarian.
- fresh broccoli gives the ramen some nutrition. yum.
- flour for my homemade bread of course. Good deal, a
dollar for a five pound bag, I got three of the all purpose, non-bleached.
- vege bouillon which I've been cooking my pasta in, lately.
- tooth brush and tooth paste I always get Tom's of Maine
toothpaste. My favorite is GingerMint! But Safeway only has the boring
flavors of peppermint and spearmint. oh well, at least they have the
brand at all.
- vinegars I use apple cider vinegar to cook my rice and
pasta all happy. And the gallon jug of white vinegar is for cleaning.
Because it's good for the environment and it's non-toxic. (I'm sensitive
to the harsh chemicals in regular cleaning products.)
- a water bottle for Tegan the guinea pig, not for munching
on! Her old one was getting scummy, and there is no way to clean
these stupid bottles, curse them.
I forgot the frozen green peas. bummer.
This was a 32$ run... which is amazing, and probably the first time
I've ever spent less than 100$. haha, I hate shopping and usually only
go to Safeway about once a month. But I am jobless and poor, now, and my wonderful
SO has been providing my coke and peas and stuff. :) He is good.
Well, that's all for me. If you want to see other people's lists...
is the originator of the meme and here's
Today's Midweek Munchies.
Tag: Midweek Munchies