hm. I very rarely do prompts but the other day I found some that interested
Friday Five from March 14, 2003:
1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
I hate talking on the phone. I am intensely shy, and to boot, my verbal
communication skills are somewhat lacking. When I am able to prepare
a "speech" and "topics" I do better,
but it still scares me to talk on the phone.
2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
I talk to my Mom every Sunday, and sometimes both my parents on a party line.
I am used to talking to my parents, so these phone calls aren't so
3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
Four. Plus three modems. :)
4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
Me. One time a telemarketer woke me up from a nap. It was MCI (long distance phone company)
and I had already asked them twice before to take me off their calling list.
I was pissed, and I actually shouted at the poor guy. Yes, I'm pretty
ashamed of myself.
5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
It's email all the way with me. I like the fact that I can spend hours
composing a single paragraph, if I feel like it! I can wait for the mood
to strike and I have an easier time of getting my point across.
Friday Five from 28 February 2003... (did you actually think I'd pass up
one dealing with reading?!)
1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)?
I read novels, nonfiction, short stories, and now I'm reading some poetry.
I think my current favorite is nonfiction. um. maybe. I just love to read! :)
2. What is your favorite novel?
Most recent fav: Watership Down
Oldest fav: The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West
Fav series: David Brin's last three Uplift books
3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)
Yes, and after many years of searching I've finally found it today!! I share!
It's called "maggie and milly and molly and may" by e.e. cummings
and poets.org has copyright permissions so I will direct you there:
Poem: maggie and milly and molly and may
4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read?
I want to read more classical literature. I have downloaded way over 100
classical books. Aristotle, Darwin, Paradise Lost, Utopia, Jules Verne,
etc, etc, etc!
5. What are you currently reading?
Earth by David Brin, and The Van Gogh Blues by Eric Maisel.
And now I shall quit and leave some more friday fives for another day!